Welcome to Year Two!
We are so excited to meet all of you and welcome you into our Classes! Year 2 is an exciting year.
Our teachers this year are Miss Gutteridge in Willow Class and Mr Bayliss in Ash Class.
We are supported by Mrs Bholat, Mrs Billy, Mrs Khalifa, Mrs Kapadia and Mrs Ahmedabadi
We will be adding lots of pictures of our exciting activities onto Class Dojo as the year goes on to show how much we are learning every single day. So remember to check our page regularly to keep up to date!
Letters and Information
Ways to Help at Home
We encourage the children to read every day - both in school and at home. This can be their RWI book, their bug club book, a book from the school library, a book on BugClub or any other book they want to read! When you read with your child, please make sure to fill in their reading record and don't forget to date their 'read around the world challenge in the back of their reading records.
In school the children will also learn how to read and spell a range of words which we call common exception words. You can practise reading and writing these at home - how many can your child read in 1 minute? Don't forget read to your child is just as important as hearing them read
In Year 2 we love to learn to write. At home you could help your child by practising writing by:
- writing shopping lists
- writing sentences which have got correct punctuation including capital letters and full stops
- making sure that your child uses finger spaces between their words
- encouraging your child to spot mistakes in their own writing- can they edit and improve?
- writing extended sentences using words like - and, but, because, so to add more information
- giving your child a picture and asking them to write a story
We love Maths in Year 2. At home you could help your child by
- practising number bonds and times tables (see sheet in useful documents)
- getting your child to pay for items at a shop
- practising adding and subtracting numbers
- looking carefully at a number can children explain how many tens and ones make that number